Looking for some tweaks to make Dota 2 Run properly? This guide will help you to get your game straight! All the useful Launch options are listed below for your reference.
How to Access Dota 2’s Launch Options in Steam
- Open the Steam client
- Navigate to the Library tab
- Right-click Dota 2
- Select Properties
- Navigate to the General tab
- Click Set Launch Options…
List of useful Launch Options
- +con_enable 1 – Enables the console on startup.
- -console – Enables the console in-game.
- -high – Gives Dota 2 priority CPU usage.
- +fps_max # – Set the maximum frame per second to the number that has been assigned.
- -autoconfig – Restores video and performance settings to default for the current hardware detected. Ignores settings inside any .cfg files until this parameter is removed.
- -safe_mode – Restores rendering API used (DirectX 9, OpenGL) to the default choice. Ignores settings inside any .cfg files until this parameter is removed.
- -nod3d9ex – Disables Windows Aero DirectX extensions; may improve performance in certain cases.
- -nomicsettings – May help people with issues in third party communication software, such as Skype, in which their microphone volume would get maxed upon launching the game.
- -map dota – Loads the Dota 2 map right when you launch the game. Helps load times after you find a game since you no longer have to load the map then.
- -dx9/dx11/vulkan/gl – Force to run chosen rendering API.
- -novid – Skips the intro.
- -noprewarm – Disable prewarm resources loads.
- Prewarm turn on by default, loads many resources needed to play a match of Dota before the dashboard appears, and should make the time spent loading resources during connection much faster, especially on low-spec machines. The trade-off is that the initial load time before the dashboard will be a little longer.
- -h <height> – Forces the engine to start with resolution set to <height> value in pixels. Ex: -h 768
- -w <width> – Forces the engine to start with resolution set to <width> value in pixels.
- -32bit – Force run on 32bit client.
- -fullscreen – Set display mode to full screen mode.
- -noborder – Set display mode to borderless window mode.
- -sw – Set display mode to windowed mode.
- -useforcedmparms – Allows the use of -noforcemspd and -noforcemaccel.
- -noforcemaccel – Use the Windows mouse acceleration settings.
- -noforcemspd – Use the Windows mouse speed settings.
Bonus Launch Options for Steam
- -nomousegrab – Enables alt-tab function in some Linux desktop environments (such as XFCE) where Dota 2 is running fullscreen and grabbing the mouse wouldn’t allow users to alt-tab out of the game.
- -language – Changes the language of the game strings and menu, e.g. “-language italian”.
- -nexon – Adds the South Korean server to your search options if you have a Korean Nexon account.
- -perfectworld – Allows you to play on Chinese Perfect World servers.
- -nogammaramp – Forces Dota to use desktop color profile.
- -antiaddiction_test – Adds an uptime clock.
- -cursor_scale_percent # – Able to change cursor size. Default 100. Overrides the setting in the in-game options if used.
- -port – Changes the network port of Dota 2 client.
- -forcedownloadbannedwords – This option is to download the list of banned words from the Steam filtering system to Dota 2 to censor the words that you set.
Feel free to add to the list if you feel like we have missed any launch commands. See ya in the next guide!